ELIZABETH ARDEN 8 Hour Cream Skin Protectant needs no introduction as celebs, beauty editors, makeup artists, and models marvel at it’s wonders! While slathering it over a minor burn yesterday, (I’m a clumsy clot in the kitchen burning or cutting myself on numerous occasions), I thought I’d gush (again) on the wonders of this multi-functional cult beauty product.
As a beauty editor, we were inundated with products to test out and some, like Elizabeth Arden’s red and white tube continues to stand out as an overwhelming success and a ‘must-have’ for every girl’s handbag! I’ve written about it on numerous occasions and again I was reminded about it’s healing properties when applying it to my burn; and how fab is this Limited Edition packaging? (R285)
Elizabeth Arden (whose actual name was Florence Nightingale Graham) was known to dab it on her horses bruises and legend has it that the name derives from one happy customer who, after applying it on her son’s scraped knee noticed a significant difference within eight hours! ELIZABETH ARDEN 8 Hour Cream Skin Protectant is actually not a cream but a balm, available as fragrance free or in the classic citronella version and can be used for absolutely everything, well just about! In no particular order here are my top eight uses:
1. Used as a highlighter on cheekbones, or over eye shadow for a glossy lid, or applied over lipstick for a glossy shine. Top makeup artist Pat McGrath swears by this stuff!
2. Apply a dash of EA to eyebrows to keep them in shape and in tip top condition.
3. Rub into cuticles for a mini manicure for hydrating and nourishing properties.
4. Keep flyaway hairs at bay or in my case, pat gently onto hair to keep frizz to a minimum.
5. Excellent for scrapes, bruises and cuts. I worked with a model who had a brush with a jellyfish a few weeks back and she’s been applying EA several times a day and the scars are fading nicely.
6. Applied around the nose area helps minimise a dry and congested nose, especially during winter months.
7. I love applying EA to my eyelashes at night to keep them nourished.
8. This is the best product if you’re flying as it doubles up as an eye cream, lip balm, hair tamer and cuticle softener.
My dog went through a spate of having dry patches around his eyes and after gently rubbing in EA around the eye area for two weeks, he looked all bright eyed and bushy tailed again!
Do you any gems you’d like to share regarding Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream?
Time to fly….Happy Wednesday!